« Home | October 8th, 2005 » | Mofo Mobo!! » | The Last Length » | The Mad Brownie Man!! Grrr!! » | More n00bs!! x_X » | Whats all this about noobs!?!? » | Once upon a 5:00 am » | Dropped from the sky » 

Thursday, October 27, 2005  

Moving On...

Almost 20 days have past. Earthquakes of an average magnitude of 4.5 are quite common now.. :S I keep a glass of water on my desk, that tells when a quake is coming (remember jurrasic park :P) which also confirms its not me shaking. Oh and the wooden doll that rayhan gave me, dances when a quake comes :P ... Oh well, We're all back to normal. I'm listening to soundtracks of the Sonic the Hedgehog videogame. Freeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!. Midterms over. Presentations over. Here comes the much awaited 2 weeks holidays :D ... Besides all that:

I've been using Mozilla Firefox for quite some time now. Lately, I added a number of extensions and stuff some of which were recommended to me by friends... Its really awesome! Firefox's tab browsing feature is the best. No multiple windows of Internet Explorer to go thru. All your pages open in multiple tabs in ONE window in firefox. And with extensions it becomes even powerful! :D

  • Session Saver: First of the extensions and the best in my opinion. It keeps taking backups of your work in firefox (histories, favourites, tab status). This usually happens that i've got a dozen tabs opened, and I suddenly have to restart my PC. Closing firefox would mean I'd lose every page. But with this extension, I can close firefox anytime, restart (or shut down), log in, and run firefox. It automatically reloads everything to what i left it as.

  • Mozilla Archive Format: I usually save some webpages as .mht files. This could be done in Internet Explorer and not in firefox. But with this extension I'm able to save pages in firefox as .mht documents along with other features.

  • Highlighter: Small text highlighting tool, that highlights stuff on webpages.

  • FlashGot: My favourite download manager is FlashGet (previously known as JetCar). Its 5 times better than Getright and way way better than the spyware Download Accelerator (bleh!!). With this extension, I can redirect whatever I want to download to my FlashGet download manager.

  • IE View: hehe, a small and simple extension. In case i want to open a page I'm viewing in firefox to open in Internet Explorer, I just have to right click and click on "View this page in IE".

  • Web Developer: For those who do web development of course would love this. I has a variety of tools and options that let you study any website you open in firefox.

  • StumbleUpon: A good thing when you want to kill time and have nothing better to do. Many people say its really really addictive. StumbleUpon is an extension that gives you any website depending on your interests and you have the option to rate it, write a review and recommend to other StumbleUpon members. Its a nice fun way of surfing the internet where you find alot of new and interesting stuff. Do give it a try..

To get these extensions, click here and search for the names using the search box on the top right corner of the page (and selecting 'extensions' of course).

Oh and i dont feel like writing about what happened on the 9th of Ocober and afterwards ... its just too sad :/

shut up :D

Hmm well looks like the old dude of wood found some life then :)

What became of the sidewinders?

your blog is all neat with headings and stuff :|

Post a Comment