« Home | The Last Length » | The Mad Brownie Man!! Grrr!! » | More n00bs!! x_X » | Whats all this about noobs!?!? » | Once upon a 5:00 am » | Dropped from the sky » 

Saturday, October 08, 2005  

Mofo Mobo!!

Ah! its been weeks since I last posted anything here. Something hard to do once the semester begins. Oh well, a lots been happening and I hate forgetting. In the first weeks of the semester my computer started acting weirdly :S ... (I'll cut the techincal bullcrap) I bought a new power supply unit since the old one leaked current. That didn't work :/ later I noticed a smell come from the casing. The kind of smell you get when u burn a battery :S .. To prevent any damage, I disconnected everything and got a friend to check what the problem was... Turned out that my motherboard was malfunctioning. I had to get a new one from Lahore and all the while when i was without a computer, life seemed so much handycapped... :
I was using a DM850 or whatever the model number of the motherboard is ... The one with the failed ram technology known as RDRAM. Bought the motherboard and ram 3 years ago when it was thought to be the best (and really pricy). Now the motherboard and ram technology is said to be "Intel's biggest failure". Someone else said Intel said it themselves that the motherboard was "flawed". Oh well, since i was getting a new one curiosity struck. I gave the old motherboard power and watched what happened after the smelling phase. Staring at the motherboard, I suddenly notice a thread of smoke coming from the bottom edge. I flipped the casing upside down and kept staring :D ... The really small portion of the edge from where the smoke was coming from started to melt. A few black bubbles popped out of the black melting part.. Then suddenly a few bright sparks ignited a little fire :D ... Till this moment i was in shock and awe, once the fire started to 'grow', I pulled the power plug out and blew the fire out...

Now I have a NEW motherboard!! :D 512 MB DDR dual channel!! yay for me! :P
But with the type of stuff i do :/ i need more RAM, thus im saving some money.

oye, tu theek hai? gik ki chat gir gayi thi i heard. is everyone ok?

Post a Comment