« Home | The Sky Sanctuary Zone » | Perfect! » | Reincarnation of the 16-bit Realm » | Galloway pwns SKY » | WHAT!!? o_O » | Childhood > Adulthood » | paintbrushmania!! » | High Seven » | The Pre-Convocation Graduate » | Spicing it up!!! :D » 

Friday, March 16, 2007  

Fool in the Rain

Its march and its still cold. This is great! Its raining in almost every part of Pakistan. Some of the northern areas still snowing. End of february: murree was full of fresh soft fluffy white snow. What is it today? the 15th? 16th? According to forecasts another cold wet spell is on its way! This is brilliant! :D

I'm back in the jungle and I miss the internet. Its only me and my ipod. I miss my podcasts. I'm all out of date :/ ... But I've been listening to 1970s to 1990s classic rock. From the legendary Sabbath and Zeppelin to Steppenwolf, Kinks, Kiss, Tom Petty, Steve Miller, Blue Oyster, Doors, Clapton, Beatles ... actually I got hold of a huge album full of great songs. Top 500 Rock Hits. The name says it all ^_^ ... And guess which track is # 1? ... Stairway to Heaven! Seldomly listening to the heavy/thrash/alternative metal genres. Then again its mood dependent. Ashar has me hooked on Porcupine Tree (eventually). Its an interesting group. "Every album's a different genre" and I agree with Ashar there. I've backed up my songs in my ipod in case some shit hits the ceiling. Its a pain when you lose your entire collection. Its never ever the same. Floola to the rescue. *applause*

I'm slowly (really really slowly) phasing away from the heavy metal genre and creeping towards jazz & blues & soul... (why?) *coughs* and its not only me. Everybody I know who shared the same taste in music is moving that way.

Stone Sour's new album is good... NIN's album releases this month! Filmazia is the best channel on cable (only when there's a corny punjabi movie on).. shit they've actually got a website going.. and its kinda good :S ... Remember those funny dubbed shows on STN/NTM called "hashar nashar"? Someone on youtube has a couple of them uploaded. ^_^ ... oh and 300 is in theatres this week. [trailer] "This .. is .. SPARTAAAA!!!!!" *kick* ... Must keep myself away from as many reviews/spoilers as possible... And that cold rain spell is coming too (again) haha!! w00t w00t!!!

Organizing stuff is cool. Especially when you've got a Toshiba PDA from your khala who doesn't use it anymore which runs Windows Mobile. And Microsoft has actually done a pretty cool job. The OS is really good in terms of features and resource consumption. Plan stuff you have to get done, events you have to attend, deadlines to meet. The interface is really good! Then you have a recorder built-in the PDA. Attach interview/lecture sound clips to your notes. With built-in wifi, bluetooth and gprs support its great and the battery lasts for more than 4-5 days and its quite light too! Now I know what I'll buy once I start a job, a brand spanking new PDA :D ... 5 years ago I had this crappy LCD Palm III... Hassan had the one with the color LCD... Since then features in PDAs have matured alot! Staying connected to the internet, 24/7 online on skype with a quality GPRS/GSM connection is all you'd need. *yawn*

Oh and some of you know about the Fu Manchu. Its days are numbered. The eliteness is over. First Topi, then Islamabad, then finally home: Lahore. Everyone I met recognized me after a second glance. Weird at first, but then everyone gets used to a new look and it doesn't look that bad after all. But in a week or two, it'll be gone... I have a couple of interviews coming my way.. *fingers crossed*... so *coughs* must look presentable... who's going to hire a truck driver engineer anyway :P .... ok i cant remember anything else *yawn* ...... must..... sleep.......

x_X
(yes, picture-less post this was... bleh~~)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not the FuuuuMAnchuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

had to look 'clean' :P

but during the last 2-3 weeks, i didnt shave (obvious when ur about to give the finals) and as of now, the fu manchu is temporarily back :D

i really missed it too :P

i missed it three! :(

its been a year and a half ... post something!

post something .... we miss the rain machine :( its going to be 2 years now ....





*ratio*

Post a Comment